'Artist in Residence' March 2016 - Jupiter Way

Hi guys!

I hope you're all doing really well.

This is the first blog that I'm doing where I take a look back at the interviews I've done so far on my old Croydon Radio show, and interviews I hope to do in the near future.

In this blog, I'll be taking a look back at the interview I did with rising blues rock band Jupiter Way, the first interview I ever did as part of the 'Artist in Residence' Feature on the Mid-Afternoon Show, my Croydon Radio show.

The 'Artist in Residence' was where I would invite an artist onto my radio show whose tracks I'd been championing, giving myself and the audience a chance to get to know them better as they pick two or three songs that have inspired them.

They would talk about why they've chosen them, as well as what they're currently up to, whether they're on tour etc.

Jupiter Way were the first band I'd ever interviewed, so I was quite nervous beforehand about how it would go.

I couldn't have been more pleased with how it went though, as Jullian Vuitton and Kevin Thomas who I interviewed from the band were really nice.

I think this was one of their first interviews as well.

Jupiter Way are a five piece blues-rock band formed in London in late 2015, consisting of Jullian (lead guitar), Kevin, (guitar, vocals) Guy Monk, (drums), Marli Wren (bass) and James Collymore (keyboard, harmonica).

Jupiter Way were on the show talking about their most recent single  'Trouble is Mine,' giving us the first exclusive play of the track. Here's the video for the track:


If you like the sound of 'Trouble is Mine,' I'd definitely recommend checking out their debut EP 'Catch Fire,' from which I debuted 'Money Tree' and 'Catch Fire.' Check out 'Money Tree' below:


As well as giving us the first exclusive play of 'Trouble is Mine,' they were also the first artist to choose three tracks that have inspired them as part of the 'Artist in Residence' Feature. The first track they chose was The Doors - 'Roadhouse Blues,' taken from their 1970 album 'Morrison Hotel:'


This is the link for the second track they chose, Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son, taken from their 1969 album 'Willy and the Poor Boys:'


Two really good songs, I hope you agree.

The band are currently working on a new EP, which will hopefully be released soon. I'm not sure exactly when, as their website says it was meant to come out late last year.

If you're interested in finding out more about Jupiter Way, there's lots of ways you can interact with them:

Facebook
Soundcloud
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Website

I hope they bring out more music soon, as I was really pleased to have them on my show.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this blog, if you've stayed with this until the end, as I know it's quite long.

Before I sign off, I just wanted to share a track with you that I think is worth checking out. It's the latest taster of London Grammar's upcoming second album 'Truth is a Beautiful Thing,' the album's title track:

The album comes out on the 9th of June, with lots of live dates on the way. You can find all their live dates here: London Grammar

I loved this as soon as I heard it. I'm in love with the lead singer Hannah's voice in particular. Let me know what you think.

Until next time,

Jonathan.

Comments

Popular Posts